V6 Reassembly Guide? by Modesto
Started on: 05-28-2020 12:23 AM
Replies: 5 (150 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 05-29-2020 05:12 PM
Modesto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ModestoSend a Private Message to ModestoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've got this far in my 3.4 swap.

I bought the facotry service manual hoping it would detail what order things need to be put back on but unfortunately it doesn't, even omitting such details as which holes the stud/bolt combos go in the timing cover or water pump. So far I have only found guides for specific parts, but they are often without pictures and assume you will remember in a general sense how things came off. Does anyone know of a resource? I took it all apart almost a month ago...

If not I can see a lot of disassembly and reassembly in my future getting the harness routed correctly and making sure I have mounting studs where I need them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Factory Service Manual - Section 8 starting with page 8A-201-0
shows connection points for engine wire harness and grounding locations.
Have a look through there to see where stud bolts are. (V6 is VIN 9 diagrams)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15145 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Water pump install. Bolt #4 goes into a water jacket and needs thread sealer.
https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...ad=20120111-2-110635

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-28-2020).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(From memory...)
Dress the wiring harness into place before you bolt on the aluminum accessory brackets to the front of the block.
Modesto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ModestoSend a Private Message to ModestoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Fierosound! That link was a life saver, though I think he may have had the one of the stud locations off. I've got the harness more or less where it needs to be, it's not as bad as I was anticipating. That being said I'm not done yet so there may still be plenty of "fun" to be had!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Modesto:

Thanks Fierosound! That link was a life saver, though I think he may have had the one of the stud locations off. I've got the harness more or less where it needs to be, it's not as bad as I was anticipating. That being said I'm not done yet so there may still be plenty of "fun" to be had!

On top end, once you have lower intake and valves covers in place,
drape wiring harness for distributor/coil between valve cover and middle intake.

After middle intake is on, you have fuel rail/injectors and vacuum lines to install.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock