Keyless entry system by Mct2green
Started on: 05-20-2020 09:13 PM
Replies: 10 (368 views)
Last post by: Mct2green on 05-22-2020 06:48 PM
Mct2green

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mct2greenSend a Private Message to Mct2greenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone installed a keyless entry system recently? I am looking for a inexpensive system that comes with everything I would need to pop the trunk, lock and unlock doors. No security or connecting to lights... I have found some old posts but nothing too recent. Does the fiero have positive or negative trigger? I would rather get a system that has built in relays if needed. I have never installed a system like this. Thanks for any info
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean something like

https://www.amazon.com/Euna...&s=automotive&sr=1-2

I got one like it a few years back, and seem to recall installing it very easily, above the evil blue box.

-- A
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

You mean something like

https://www.amazon.com/Euna...&s=automotive&sr=1-2

I got one like it a few years back, and seem to recall installing it very easily, above the evil blue box.

-- A

Then add two lock linear activators and you can get the job done for under $25. I am about to do this job very shortly on my 85GT . It makes it very convenient to unlock the doors for a friend. I also will add a door switch inside on the window switch console as my car doesn't have power windows.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fiero Ag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero AgSend a Private Message to Fiero AgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just installed the Amazon one a few weeks ago. Door locks are positive trigger, unit has relays internal so can be wired either way. A catch was the trunk pop output on the unit is negative trigger, so I had to put in a relay for that. Not a major ordeal to install. Hooked up light flash output for indication, but didn’t use horn output as that can be obnoxious.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2020 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Ag: ...but didn’t use horn output as that can be obnoxious.

You, sir, are a gentleman.
Mct2green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mct2greenSend a Private Message to Mct2greenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which one did you buy on amazon if you recall?
Fiero Ag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero AgSend a Private Message to Fiero AgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mct2green:

Which one did you buy on amazon if you recall?

It looks the same as the one in the link above, but my son bought it for me so I’m not sure if it is exactly. If not, I think it should install exactly the same.
a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a keyless system on a friend's Fiero (and will be doing the same to mine in the future). The doors were not a problem, but the rear trunk latch was another thing, and I have yet to get that working. I did a bunch of searching on this site but could never quite get a clear answer on what exactly I needed to do. I understand I must to install a relay, can someone explain (diagram) exactly how I do that (and were I tap into the factory wiring)?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Art

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not recent, but cheap and easy. Someone was selling the parts as kits in The Mall, might still be.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-109083.html
Fiero Ag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero AgSend a Private Message to Fiero AgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

I installed a keyless system on a friend's Fiero (and will be doing the same to mine in the future). The doors were not a problem, but the rear trunk latch was another thing, and I have yet to get that working. I did a bunch of searching on this site but could never quite get a clear answer on what exactly I needed to do. I understand I must to install a relay, can someone explain (diagram) exactly how I do that (and were I tap into the factory wiring)?

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Art

So, the one I got from Amazon is the same as the one above, just dug out the lousy instructions. I don't have a diagram other than what came with the unit, but as I said above the trigger for the trunk release on this unit is negative, and the Fiero trunk release relay gets a positive signal from the trunk release switch. The wire you want to tap a positive output signal from the new relay into is a gray/black wire from the trunk release switch to the trunk release relay under the dash. In the diagram below, the blue wire from the unit goes to the negative side of the relay coil; the positive side of the coil and the relay common tie to your power source (always hot, likely the same source you used already for your keyless entry control). The normally open output of the relay then ties into the gray/black wire mentioned above. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the trunk release wiring, but relay is pretty easy to find under the dash. Hope this helps.
Mct2green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mct2greenSend a Private Message to Mct2greenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I bought a unit on amazon with a switch for polarity on the trunk pop. Can set it to + or -. Also can be wired for + or - lock triggers. $17.99 and works great right out the box, no relays required.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock