Started on: 05-20-2020 08:06 AM
Replies: 3 (136 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 05-21-2020 11:05 AM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello

I have a 3800 SC swap with full stack ZZP intercooler. Swap was done by PO about 8 years ago, and I want to change the coolant due to age. It has an electric pump circulating coolant, heat exchanger up front by the radiator. Cobalt filler cap beside the supercharger for filling the fluid.

Any tips/suggestions on how to best do this and get air out of the system? There are hose clamps on the system leading to and from the heat exchanger, so draining should not be an issue, but I am wondering about filling. The electric pump creates quite a bit of pressure, so I can't turn it on with the cap removed.

Thx
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can provide pics if it helps
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a reservoir?

If not you could put in a T at the highest point which makes it easier.
https://www.ebay.com/p/655836179

or at zzp
https://zzperformance.com/p...GEAQYASABEgLUS_D_BwE

Otherwise, I'd plumb in a reservoir. Many use the corvette one but they can get pricey.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest taking the return line and putting it into an empty five gallon pail. Place the suction or feed line into a two gallon can full of fresh coolant with distilled water or pre-mix. Start the pump. When the fresh coolant supply is near the bottom , you've flushed the system.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock