Heating issues by Monkeybean007
Started on: 05-19-2020 04:14 AM
Replies: 5 (96 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 05-20-2020 11:23 PM
Monkeybean007

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My engine overheats until I turn on my heater I only have to leave it running for a couple seconds and then can turn it off and it won't overheat for the rest of the drive. 85 gt 2.8l
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something strange happening there......maybe it has to do with a bad electrical contact. Is your coolant really hot or does the gauge just say it's hot?

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-19-2020).]

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like there is air in the cooling system or the heater coil or possibly not enough coolant (which would mean air in the system). I had a similar problem until I followed the steps to refill that can be found in Ogre's Cave. I was also parked nose down at a 30-degree angle (steep driveway) when I refilled. Haven't had a overheating problem since.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Something strange happening there......maybe it has to do with a bad electrical contact. Is your coolant really hot or does the gauge just say it's hot?

I don't know I always forget to check my coolant tubes when its happening, although the thermostat cap in the back gets hot.
Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeybean007

132 posts
Member since Feb 2020

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

It sounds like there is air in the cooling system or the heater coil or possibly not enough coolant (which would mean air in the system). I had a similar problem until I followed the steps to refill that can be found in Ogre's Cave. I was also parked nose down at a 30-degree angle (steep driveway) when I refilled. Haven't had a overheating problem since.

I followed those steps to refill as well, and I fill it with coolant although it seems like it might be leaking from somewhere. Looks like the front so maybe the reservoir is bad ?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 439
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeybean007:

...it seems like it might be leaking from somewhere. Looks like the front so maybe the reservoir is bad ?

No offence... but if there are signs of coolant leaking, you are the one who's going to have to find the actual location... because the view from where the rest of us are is rather poor!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock