OBD1 to OBD2 adapters by sjmaye
Started on: 04-18-2020 08:20 AM
Replies: 6 (1049 views)
Last post by: sjmaye on 04-19-2020 10:10 AM
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen obd1 to obd2 conversion cables on Amazon. I am interested in them mainly because I already have a OBD2 bluetooth scanning scan tool. Does anyone here have experience with these?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OBD1 and OBD2 diagnostic systems are entirely different and do not put out the same data. The data they put out are designed for two entirely different interfaces. Using an OBD2 - OBD1 adapter cable on an OBD2 scanner will be useless.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

OBD1 and OBD2 diagnostic systems are entirely different and do not put out the same data. The data they put out are designed for two entirely different interfaces. Using an OBD2 - OBD1 adapter cable on an OBD2 scanner will be useless.

I thought they were different, too. It confused me when on Amazon I searched for OBD1 bluetooth scanner. Many of these OBD1 to OBD2 cables popped up. I have been out of the car loop for a while. I thought I had missed something.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sell an OBD1 bluetooth scan tool. It needs to be used with ALDLdroid, an app that must be purchased separately.

$80 shipped to US locations.

http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.html

And yes the previous poster is correct. You can't use a OBD1 to OBD2 cable and have it work.

I also sell USB versions if you are interested.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

I sell an OBD1 bluetooth scan tool. It needs to be used with ALDLdroid, an app that must be purchased separately.

$80 shipped to US locations.

http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.html

And yes the previous poster is correct. You can't use a OBD1 to OBD2 cable and have it work.

I also sell USB versions if you are interested.

Thanks, phonedawgz. I am just puzzled why there are so many of these OBD1 to OBD2 adapter cables selling on Amazon. What the heck are people doing with them?

Thank you for you lead on the bluetooth scan tool. I will likely be purchasing one, but have several other "issues" I have to fix first.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They make all kinds of conversion cables for Hondas but they are for converting the cars systems from OBD1 to 2 or back to one or to go from 0 to OBD1.(allowing the use of a newer or older ECM ) There are all kinds of strange setups but none of them are for adapting scanners from one system to the other. Unfortunately for me none of them work for automatic transmission cars. I have an OBD0 car with an OBD1 engine in it, running the old engine's intake and distributor and harness. I am leaving a bit of HP on the table because I can't use the new engines much better intake and injection system.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

They make all kinds of conversion cables for Hondas but they are for converting the cars systems from OBD1 to 2 or back to one or to go from 0 to OBD1.(allowing the use of a newer or older ECM ) There are all kinds of strange setups but none of them are for adapting scanners from one system to the other. Unfortunately for me none of them work for automatic transmission cars. I have an OBD0 car with an OBD1 engine in it, running the old engine's intake and distributor and harness. I am leaving a bit of HP on the table because I can't use the new engines much better intake and injection system.

Now I understand. Thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock