Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Anyone have a way to test fuel injector?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone have a way to test fuel injector? by TheDuke
Started on: 04-09-2020 09:15 PM
Replies: 1 (102 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 04-09-2020 09:47 PM
TheDuke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDukeSend a Private Message to TheDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a tumultuous few days tracking down wiring issues i thought i finally reached success, till the fuel injector decided to rain on my parade. I looked to see if there were any threads about testing the injector but it turned up 0 results
anyone have a way to test to see if i need a new one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the duke there is a single injector. There are two wires to it. One wire will have +12v all the time the key is on. The second gets grounded for short bits to fire the injector. Because of the fact that the ECM isn't grounding the second wire when idle, both will show +12v key on engine not turning. Unplug the injector and then only one will show the constant +12v.

A logic probe will show the short pulses coming from the computer. So will an oscilloscope. And so will a noid light. You are not going to see it with a digital meter or incandescent test light.

To see the pulses, crank the engine. And then you look at the voltage on the lead that wasn't connected to constant +12v. You should see +12v most of the time with short pulses of ground coming from the ECM.

https://www.harborfreight.c...gic-Probe-63597.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPrmOkKoE_g
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock