Sensor readings by Monkeybean007
Started on: 03-31-2020 06:57 PM
Replies: 5 (128 views)
Last post by: theogre on 04-01-2020 12:36 AM
Monkeybean007

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up an aldl cable and winaldl and all I'm trying to find is what each component is supposed to be putting out stock, so I can compare it to what I am getting to see if theres something wrong.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my Cave, Scan Tool Help and Sensors Quick Ref etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While that did have some helpful info I wasn't able to find what I was looking for, I am trying to fin things like a good o2 sensor should put out "blank" volts and then I can look at mine and be like oh that definitely isn't right lol.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because O2 volts changes ever second, even faster the that, the thing is hot enough to run. O2 only generates 0 to 1 volt and ECM only cares reading near 1 or 0 volts.
You know when O2 runs when you see closed loop and O2 ready set true/yes in the data stream via scan tool.

You might see just how fast using a O'scope but not using most meters including "pro grade" meters like Fluke 77 and others.
Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I misunderstood the use of winaldl then as I was trying to use it to potentially see whats going wrong with my car, so what sensors aren't performing the way they're supposed to, ect;
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It can but only for some parts covered in cave pages.

Example Scan reports ECT=90-100°F after running engine for over 1 hour is likely something wrong... The Sensor, wires to it, etc. More so w/ old style sensor w/ crap plug it uses. Even parked for hours engine should be ~ weather temp but scan says ECT is much higher or lower then that.

Temp sensors can be double check w/ meter and charts in the cave. Having some kind of thermometer may help too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock