Wiring question by Castlerocco
Started on: 03-27-2020 10:53 AM
Replies: 4 (130 views)
Last post by: Castlerocco on 03-27-2020 12:58 PM
Castlerocco

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CastleroccoSend a Private Message to CastleroccoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got a project car after not having a Fiero in 15 years. It's an 86 SE, with the 2.8. Somebody cut a bunch of wires in the engine bay. I've figured most of the out. What I can't figure is, the speed sensor has 2 wires to it, but the harness next to it has 4 cut wires. What am I missing? And does anyone sell that connector with new pins?

------------------
Rocco

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The VSS sensor is just a two pin weatherpack connector. I can sell you one with the Yellow and Purple wires if you want.

The other two wires are Dk. Blue and Lt. Green? Those would run to the reverse switch of a 5 speed transmission. Again a two-pin weatherpack connector, however, the metal terminals are of the other gender.

I can make both if you want. $30 shipped with proper colors and proper lengths.
Castlerocco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CastleroccoSend a Private Message to CastleroccoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would only need the plug for the speed sensor. It's a 4 speed car.

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

The VSS sensor is just a two pin weatherpack connector. I can sell you one with the Yellow and Purple wires if you want.

The other two wires are Dk. Blue and Lt. Green? Those would run to the reverse switch of a 5 speed transmission. Again a two-pin weatherpack connector, however, the metal terminals are of the other gender.

I can make both if you want. $30 shipped with proper colors and proper lengths.

------------------
Rocco

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$10 shipped for a used one with the proper colors cut off an existing harness. You are correct. The 4 speed reverse switch is located at the console. And again if you want, you can most likely go to your local parts store and get a generic one although prob for the same price. Do look to make sure you get one with the correct gender metal terminals. If interested paypal me at gofast@reddevilriver.com.
Castlerocco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CastleroccoSend a Private Message to CastleroccoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll let you know. If there's enough wire length, I might be able to save it. Thanks

------------------
Rocco

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock