Steering columns by Ccemn
Started on: 03-24-2020 03:02 PM
Replies: 4 (386 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 03-25-2020 08:26 PM
Ccemn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CcemnSend a Private Message to CcemnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if a 1985 Fiero GT and a 2007 Pontiac Gran Prix GT might share the same steering column & shaft??
I'm working on a Lamborghini replica that the donor car was an '85 Fiero, but at some point, someone installed a 3.8 supercharged motor from a Gran Prix GT, and I'm guessing they had to swap steering columns to get the transponder to sync with all the electrics of the 3.8?
Want to put a replica steering wheel on it, but haven't a clue what the diameter, or number of splines might be?
Thanks in advance for anyone who might possess this knowledge!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ccemn:

Does anyone know if a 1985 Fiero GT and a 2007 Pontiac Gran Prix GT might share the same steering column & shaft??
I'm working on a Lamborghini replica that the donor car was an '85 Fiero, but at some point, someone installed a 3.8 supercharged motor from a Gran Prix GT, and I'm guessing they had to swap steering columns to get the transponder to sync with all the electrics of the 3.8?
Want to put a replica steering wheel on it, but haven't a clue what the diameter, or number of splines might be?
Thanks in advance for anyone who might possess this knowledge!

I put a steering column in my 88GT that came from a 06 Monte Carlo SS. It is probably very close to the one you want to use. The Monte has a key in the column and some GM columns have no key in the column, the y may be in the dash. Check my build thread for pictures. In the construction zone V8 swap,
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The VATS is generally programmed out of the PCM during a drivetrain swap.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what is the question?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

So what is the question?

Ha ha, good question. I assumed that it was about mounting and connecting the shafts of the column to the rack. But the VATS is also an issue along with ever other electronic system in the column.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock