Cruise control by treborerellim
Started on: 03-18-2020 03:25 PM
Replies: 1 (340 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 03-18-2020 07:28 PM
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question on cruise control that somebody out there may be able to help me with. My 87 GT has a nonworking cruise control but the switches were all patched up one of the plugs had jumper wires. So I pulled all the switches that were in my junker 87 and was going to install them in my good 87. When I removed the dump valve switch there was no hose on it and I'm kinda wondering is there a vacuum line that gets hooked to it. I hadn't changed a thing and it worked okay. I can see there is a vacuum line out of the top of the vacuum can that's runs forward but I have no idea where it goes. Is there a vacuum line I should be hooking up to the dump switch? I've never seen so many switches and paraphernalia on a cruise control before. Any help with this mess would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may be looking at the little nipple on the dump solenoid where there's a spring metal hook that appears to be intended to hold something. That's not for a hose. It originally had a little foam rubber air filter over it. It's an intake for the solenoid. In time the foam filter disintegrates and falls off.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock