Interior door panel clips that last by mcgavin
Started on: 03-14-2020 02:06 PM
Replies: 3 (256 views)
Last post by: mcgavin on 04-24-2020 02:43 PM
mcgavin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcgavinClick Here to visit mcgavin's HomePageSend a Private Message to mcgavinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually just buy any plastic clip I need from a local auto parts store. As the years go by (10 years rebuilding this car) it seems like all the aftermarket clips are junk and break the next time you try removing them, despite using the right tools.

I'm about to do some interior work and was wondering if anyone could recommend an interior door clip for our cars that they've had good experience with. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've started to use Mag Daddy panel magnet fasteners. I install the magnet to a screw that screws to the door ( allows for adjustment) and glue a large washer to the door panel. For extra hold, you can glue a second magnet to the door panel instead of the washer- that will really hold!

https://magdaddyusa.com/pro...oducts/magnetic-cup/

Magnetic Plate to glue to door / door card for extra hold. Could work well for those areas where the door card and the door are very close. Just glue to the door card and you're done
https://magdaddyusa.com/products/magnetic-plates/

[This message has been edited by darbysan (edited 03-15-2020).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note: 1 OE clip is Cut by GM.
Is 1 clip that get hit by the window mech.
See my Cave, Doors

Maybe dorman has oe ones or something close. Not looking right now. www.dormanproducts.com get thru auto parts stores etc.

Oe ones last for many years but not 30+ years because ozone etc makes them brittle. More so w/ Fiero because outside skin design ve steel skins.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

mcgavin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcgavinClick Here to visit mcgavin's HomePageSend a Private Message to mcgavinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darbysan:

I've started to use Mag Daddy panel magnet fasteners. I install the magnet to a screw that screws to the door ( allows for adjustment) and glue a large washer to the door panel. For extra hold, you can glue a second magnet to the door panel instead of the washer- that will really hold!

https://magdaddyusa.com/pro...oducts/magnetic-cup/

Magnetic Plate to glue to door / door card for extra hold. Could work well for those areas where the door card and the door are very close. Just glue to the door card and you're done
https://magdaddyusa.com/products/magnetic-plates/

This is an interesting idea. I don't think it's the route I'll go, but I like it.

To theogre, that is a good hint about the rear clip, thanks. I think that I read through that page years ago when I replaced the hinges.

I bought the clips from The Fiero Store. They look fine. I'll let you guys know how the next decade goes.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock