Low acceleration by Monkeybean007
Started on: 02-27-2020 10:45 PM
Replies: 10 (240 views)
Last post by: Monkeybean007 on 03-20-2020 10:05 PM
Monkeybean007

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 with a 2.8 v6 in it that I just picked up (and love btw) but for some reason when I push on the gas pedal about 50% its got power behind it but when I push the pedal all the way down it feels like it loses power and starts stuttering, new fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, alternator, ect the only things that I havent replaced are the MAF(if it has one) and the TPS.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2020 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clogged catalytic convertor or muffler?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2020 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TPS, timing, plugged exhaust...

No MAF

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 02-28-2020).]

M.aaron80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2020 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for M.aaron80Send a Private Message to M.aaron80Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is doing the same thing. I have a 86GT 5spd. Won’t really go past 90mph
Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2020 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checked the muffler, and the catalytic and those are both good, I'm working on timing now seeing if that'll help because its definitely not Top dead center. Also to clarify it only does this under load not sitting in neutral.

[This message has been edited by Monkeybean007 (edited 03-01-2020).]

Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replaced the o2 sensor and it made third gear have a significant power increase while driving but first and second still low power, have a tps on its way hopefully that helps.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeybean007:

I'm working on timing now seeing if that'll help because its definitely not Top dead center.

???

Not sure what you're trying to say there. Has the outer ring of your harmonic balancer spun?
Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

???

Not sure what you're trying to say there. Has the outer ring of your harmonic balancer spun?

That was just to imply that the car hadn't been timed correctly, it is now though and that helped fix the issue a bit, everything I do just slightly fixes the issue, tps on its way hopefully that works.
Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an update still haven't fixed my issue yet, maybe thinking of taking out cat and seeing if that helps, also gonna check butterfly valve and see if that isn't working how it's supposed to. Running out of ideas though lol.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remove the O2 sensor from the hole and drive it. If anything is clogged after that the hole will give relief and power will increase.
Monkeybean007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monkeybean007Send a Private Message to Monkeybean007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll definitely give that a try I bought a new o2 sensor and replaced it and that helped a bit
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock