Indy Fiero carpet by David Riedle
Started on: 02-19-2020 03:40 PM
Replies: 6 (410 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 02-22-2020 01:28 AM
David Riedle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indy Fiero carpet

We all have wondered about the carpet used in the Indy Fiero's, and where to purchase replacement carpets. It turns out that it is a German wool square weave carpet as used in some early Porsche and VW automobiles. I have found about as perfect a match as possible. It is "Bright Red #328" German square weave carpet. I have recently purchased some from a vendor on Etsy called "fabulessfabrics". It is quite expensive at $115.00 per yard plus shipping (60" X 13"). On the other hand, aren't our Indy's worth it? I am locating the correct color thread to bind the carpet edges with, and will update this thread as soon as I find it.

I checked with all of the automotive upholstery shops I use, and have purchased LOTS of German wool square weave carpets for my old Porsche and Puma automobiles, and they were not able to sell me the carpet for anywhere nearly as inexpensive as fabuloussfabrics.

fabulessfabrics is an outstanding vender, and has been extremely helpful sourcing and providing samples of the carpet. To contact fabuloussfabrics, simply go to Etsy.com and search for "fabulessfabrics". That will take you directly to the store.

[This message has been edited by David Riedle (edited 02-19-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonderful!

A new source for replacement Indy floormats for those wanting them...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

David Riedle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound:

That is EXACTLY what I am doing! No heel pads on the factory mats, so I am putting them aside, and making a new set with a heel pad...

Have not decided if the heel pad will be red, black or grey. I am ordering all three, and will decide when they get here.

My floor mats are excellent...13,000 mile Indy...but I want something that will last.

Dave
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Riedle:

My floor mats are excellent...13,000 mile Indy...but I want something that will last.

I have been using CLEAR vinyl floormats over my Indy mats to protect them.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-21-2020).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indy Fiero carpet

We all have wondered about the carpet used in the Indy Fiero's, and where to purchase replacement carpets. It turns out that it is a German wool square weave carpet as used in some early Porsche and VW automobiles. I have found about as perfect a match as possible. It is "Bright Red #328" German square weave carpet. I have recently purchased some from a vendor on Etsy called "fabulessfabrics". It is quite expensive at $115.00 per yard plus shipping (60" X 13"). On the other hand, aren't our Indy's worth it? I am locating the correct color thread to bind the carpet edges with, and will update this thread as soon as I find it.

I checked with all of the automotive upholstery shops I use, and have purchased LOTS of German wool square weave carpets for my old Porsche and Puma automobiles, and they were not able to sell me the carpet for anywhere nearly as inexpensive as fabuloussfabrics.

fabulessfabrics is an outstanding vender, and has been extremely helpful sourcing and providing samples of the carpet. To contact fabuloussfabrics, simply go to Etsy.com and search for "fabulessfabrics". That will take you directly to the store.

Auto Custom Carpets should be able to match the Indy carpet or come very close that no one will notice.
David Riedle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David RiedleSend a Private Message to David RiedleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried them, and did not like the results. I have looked for around 6 months.

Square weave carpet is not used by many automakers.

Dave Riedle
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tried them, and did not like the results. I have looked for around 6 months.

Square weave carpet is not used by many automakers.

Dave Riedle

I believe that carpets can be purchased with loop or cut pile weaving. Looks like you want the loop pile.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock