Steering wheel adapter by Chief08
Started on: 02-14-2020 11:38 AM
Replies: 10 (328 views)
Last post by: Chief08 on 04-04-2020 08:14 PM
Chief08

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,
I ordered this steering wheel for my Gt

I also ordered the recommended momo adapter to go with it, but it seems project out quite a bit. Does anyone know of an adapter that is shallower that will work with the Fiero?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chief08:

Does anyone know of an adapter that is shallower that will work with the Fiero?

Info Here.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Info Here.

Patrick, while I appreciate your response, that linked thread doesn't tell me much other than to bend some tabs. There are no pictures to reference etc. What tabs, bend them how?

Dave
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut the protruding feet off and just drill/tap the base with the pattern for the wheel.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick, while I appreciate your response, that linked thread doesn't tell me much other than to bend some tabs. There are no pictures to reference etc.

Dave, you didn't see this picture... of the tabs?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-14-2020).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crap pictures.

In this thread, you can see how I drilled for taper head flush mount machine screws to adapt my Grant wheel to the Fiero hub. I kept the Fiero hub as is, just modified the steering wheel.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097057.html
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Cut the protruding feet off and just drill/tap the base with the pattern for the wheel.

Ok, so I would only end up using the metal ring on top, correct?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No.
Transfer the holes from the silver ring to the black ring. Keep the black ring, cutoff and toss all the silver parts.
The lower black part is splined to accept the column. It just needs the bolt pattern to allow the steering wheel to bolt to it.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

No.
Transfer the holes from the silver ring to the black ring. Keep the black ring, cutoff and toss all the silver parts.
The lower black part is splined to accept the column. It just needs the bolt pattern to allow the steering wheel to bolt to it.

Ok, so then all I'll have to do at that point is determine the hole size, drill the holes, and bolt my wheel to it and then to the column correct?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, so then all I'll have to do at that point is determine the hole size, drill the holes, and bolt my wheel to it and then to the column correct?

Locate the holes, drill them, tap them, then you should be good to go.
Chief08

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chief08Send a Private Message to Chief08Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For now, I'm using the adapter and I got the wheel on. Does anyone know how to hook up the horn properly?

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock