ISO Notchback LED Tail Light Vendor by Nospeedlimit55
Started on: 02-11-2020 02:12 PM
Replies: 10 (449 views)
Last post by: Nospeedlimit55 on 02-04-2021 01:04 AM
Nospeedlimit55

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nospeedlimit55Send a Private Message to Nospeedlimit55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been searching for custom LED tail light conversion options, but am not finding anyone currently making these for the notchback.
Not really interested in a plug n play bulb replacement.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or do I embark on a custom design of my own???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are available from Embrace Racing
http://embraceracing.com/fieroledlights.php

Chris Eddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris EddySend a Private Message to Chris EddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone forms a team, I can handle the LED lighting on PC boards. I have done such things for many other projects. But I am NOT much of a mechanical design guy, so the plastics and mechanicals are beyond me.
Removable LED lamps? Use a T10 twist socket like the dash.
Fixed LEDs? I will solder them to the board.
Solid lighting pattern? We use some sort of diffusion.
Points of light like the reference above? We use egg crate.
Constant on, or moving pattern? I would prefer solid constant on.
We can add some series resistance for the LED (strings) to keep brightness uniform over varying voltage.
I have a notchback, so I am in with this.
Nospeedlimit55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nospeedlimit55Send a Private Message to Nospeedlimit55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

This is similar to what I had in mind. I actually spoke with Chris (nice guy) about purchasing a set but it seems they may not be in production at present.
Nospeedlimit55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nospeedlimit55Send a Private Message to Nospeedlimit55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
- - - Crickets - - -
Well I've been bouncing a few ideas around and just found a second set of lights for the construction.

I'd like to keep this project "On the Cheap" and retain the OEM look so will be working with the lenses and colored inserts as they are. That said, I'm leaning towards a more basic set up absent of Amber T/S, sequential patterns, dual brightness levels etc.
I'll start a thread for the Construction Zone shortly for anyone that cares to follow along! 👍

[This message has been edited by Nospeedlimit55 (edited 02-16-2020).]

streetrod1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for streetrod1Send a Private Message to streetrod1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

HOWDY..sent you a pm about parts you quoted me..call me or pm me with contact info so we can wrap it up,,tysm 01-20-21
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jdv (edited 01-20-2021).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by streetrod1:

HOWDY..sent you a pm about parts you quoted me..call me or pm me with contact info so we can wrap it up,,tysm 01-20-21

Not me, must have been Chris from the link I posted.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone is looking, Nospeedlimit55 successfully completed the project and is selling kits in the mall here.

And I put together a YouTube video video about it here.

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 01-21-2021).]

bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the NSL Performance tail light kit installed on my V8 notchie. Comprehensive kit and good service.
Lights on. Not the best pictures I have ever taken!

Brakes on.
Nospeedlimit55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nospeedlimit55Send a Private Message to Nospeedlimit55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks So Good!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock