Oil Pump Repair kit by AJayroe
Started on: 02-07-2020 10:33 PM
Replies: 5 (164 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 02-10-2020 09:35 PM
AJayroe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJayroeSend a Private Message to AJayroeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Everyone, I have an 88 coupe with the 2.5 ltr four and I have been searching for a month for an oil pump rebuild kit but no one seems to know what I'm talking about. My motor has the balancer assembly and not the one that drives off the distributor shaft. Does anyone know where I can find the parts I need to finish my rebuild? Thanks in advance for any leads.

Albert J.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dickman doesn't have them anymore, but GM part numbers are listed.
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=22&products_id=297

Craigslist (maybe someone on here?)
https://kansascity.craigsli...gine/7058931187.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I don't know anything about this part, is there a common failure point to where individual parts/bearings/seals can be replaced since the part is discontinued?
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto has 2 choices of standard pumps for $35; might not be worth looking for, finding and installing a kit etc...

www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...engine,oil+pump,5564
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never made a rebuild kit for 88 available for DIY.
Was a method to replace dying balancer bearings but not a DIY fix. No-one can find new bearing now that have posted here.

Getting use is often bad because bearings are balance shafts are too worn or bad.

RA are wrong for 88 L4 Fiero.
Is same # as 87 and others and won't fit.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil pumps for the 88 L4 are near impossible to find. Its a common problem with other engines too. I have 93 4.9L Cadillac engine in one of my Fieros and that oil pump is also impossible to find. The pump still works but after an oil change , pressure takes a bit longer than to come up than on my 3800SC. Next time I will try filling the filter with 15W 50 Mobil One, but if I find a new pump I'll buy it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock