Headlight motor question 88 Fiero by va441975
Started on: 02-07-2020 10:20 PM
Replies: 5 (211 views)
Last post by: theogre on 02-10-2020 05:48 PM
va441975

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2020 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for va441975Send a Private Message to va441975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 Formula and tonight I noticed the right side light doesn’t go all the way up. It works fine going up and down when engaging the light switch but doesn’t fully go all the way up. When I manually cranked it the rest of the way up the light would come on but then it wouldn’t go back down. When I manually cranked it back down it started working again but only going up so far like before.

Would rebuilding it fix this issue? I rebuilt both before and just wanted to get an opinion what may be causing the motor to act this way and if rebuilding it would fix it. It works fine besides not fully going all the way up.

Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usually all the gen 2 headlight motors need is replacement of those little clutch rollers, but as you have already done that, perhaps something else is causing the trouble. At any rate, you won't know until you open it up and look at it.
va441975

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for va441975Send a Private Message to va441975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rebuilt it years ago so could just need another rebuild.
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rebuilt mine, a few years later had to rebuild them again. The those nylon/plastic things seems to have turned brittle and went bad after a few years.
va441975

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for va441975Send a Private Message to va441975Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I’m debating on rebuilding and buying new ones.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get new.

DIY rebuilding can work days, week to years because everyone has done a different whether or not they know plus how much use matters.
If you have Delrin pins, output shaft or gear could be dying... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128600.html

Beside that Door(s) not opening and/or closing can be lift, door, or both have problems making module think is jammed and shut off the motor(s).
See my Cave, Gen 2 HL Motor

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock