Exhaust y pipe crossover how to put up from fierostore by zobari
Started on: 02-03-2020 05:45 PM
Replies: 6 (519 views)
Last post by: zobari on 02-05-2020 11:23 AM
zobari

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I have an aftermarket y pipe crossover with downpipe for 86-87 fiero.
But my fiero gt is an 88 model.
The y pipe crossover is different but with downpipe this 86-87 y pipe with downpipe will fit on my 88 model.

The problem is this new y pipe from fierostore is too large and i can't put up (i can't pass this crossvover under or upper of the engine bay (upper of the trasmission or under the engine).

How do you put up this y pipe from fierostore have you a video or advices ?

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 02-03-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zobari:

with downpipe this 86-87 y pipe with downpipe will fit on my 88 model.

Who told you that? Whoever that was should have your answer.
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Facebook members and fierostore Said that's fit, the 86-87 Crossover y pipe Will fit if you buy the 86-87 downpipe foe the 88 v6 model.
But This Crossover is a performance part and that's more large than the stock one.

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 02-03-2020).]

zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

zobari

99 posts
Member since Jul 2018
I have asked my question to fierostore.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 86-87 Y-pipe should bolt to the stock 88 exhaust manifolds without any problem. (I have seen this done.)
You will need the 86-87 "J-pipe" that connects to the catalyst (or replaces the catalyst, if you choose to do that.)

If you are having trouble getting the y-pipe to fit, try turning it differently. It doesn't always fit like you think it will, when you first look at it.
And it should cross over, above the trans. Just like your old one. (The EGR valve will be pointed in a slightly different direction, however.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-04-2020).]

zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you put up the y pipe, for the first step you pass it below or above of the transmission. For the 88 stock y pipe I have remove it from above the transmission and same thing to put it above the transmission. It's the same for the 86 or 87 model ?

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 02-04-2020).]

zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Will receive from my welder my stock 88 y pipe with porting job et restriction will be removed.
The six holes for header log has been ported 1 year ago.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock