Auxiliary cord upgrade by kevin
Started on: 02-01-2020 05:18 PM
Replies: 2 (127 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 02-01-2020 05:56 PM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
I recently [last mont] upgraded my Monsoon radio to accept an Auxiliary cord so I can have Bluetooth as well as enjoyi hands free cell phone access. I installed the radio, and the radio works great! My problem? I am unable to pull in Pandora? I have an iPhone 7. At my Apple store I thought these guys could assist me? They said that they would have to see my car radio. They said to call Apple Support.
Apple Support said that my problem is “with my software”. What??? He went on to say that my “Firm-Ware” is not up to date”. Apple said that “this is my problem”.
I had Tom, (I lost his number) do the aux-cord upgrade.
Does this make sense to anybody? I have NEVER, EVER heard of this explanation before? I’m new to the Bluetooth world. Any thought for an aux-cord newbie?
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. Do I need to pull my Monsoon radio and send it back to Tom for an upgrade????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Fellas,
I recently [last mont] upgraded my Monsoon radio to accept an Auxiliary cord so I can have Bluetooth as well as enjoyi hands free cell phone access. I installed the radio, and the radio works great! My problem? I am unable to pull in Pandora? I have an iPhone 7. At my Apple store I thought these guys could assist me? They said that they would have to see my car radio. They said to call Apple Support.
Apple Support said that my problem is “with my software”. What??? He went on to say that my “Firm-Ware” is not up to date”. Apple said that “this is my problem”.
I had Tom, (I lost his number) do the aux-cord upgrade.
Does this make sense to anybody? I have NEVER, EVER heard of this explanation before? I’m new to the Bluetooth world. Any thought for an aux-cord newbie?
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. Do I need to pull my Monsoon radio and send it back to Tom for an upgrade????

Kevin, in order to use the auxiliary cord to listen to music you must have a CD in the headunit and an auxiliary cord in the plug. Then you use an adapter to plug it into your iPhone 7. Tom's modification is not for Bluetooth. If you want Bluetooth, you must wire in a Bluetooth transmitter like the iSimple Tranzit Blu. I have it in my car and it's way better than an auxiliary cord.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock