Ogre's Power Mirror Write Up Help by rbell2915
Started on: 02-01-2020 11:48 AM
Replies: 5 (248 views)
Last post by: rbell2915 on 02-05-2020 03:27 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the power mirror conversion on The Ogre's Cave that I am trying to do, it's towards the bottom of the page. Before I take apart my car I decided to test the switch and mirrors. I tested for continuity between all of the wires. For some reason, the mirror only goes left and up. What am I missing? Why do the white and green wires have to be connected together?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a really neat power mirror switch conversion. I like it but I can't figure out why I would need it. My 85 rag top has the manual joy stick mirror. It adjusts the mirror fine. The passenger side is just a "set it and forget it mirror". Can anyone explain what this mod buys you?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

That's a really neat power mirror switch conversion. I like it but I can't figure out why I would need it. My 85 rag top has the manual joy stick mirror. It adjusts the mirror fine. The passenger side is just a "set it and forget it mirror". Can anyone explain what this mod buys you?

My manual mirrors work fine but I want to have power mirrors just because.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM works both Mirrors.
Being able to remote adjust P-side is handy for several reasons. More so if more then one driver use the car.

The page was written 20 years ago. I have no other info as to why is wired. Doubt author knows after so many years.
A guess is Ford switch used likely not a simple switch and needs wht grn wires to same terminal.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did some testing on the mirrors and they are functional in every direction so it appears that the switch is broken. I ordered a NOS switch off eBay so I will try again next weekend.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All right gents, I just got my NOS Ford switch in the mail today and I tested it out and it worked great. Time to install everything.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock