Question about the push rods by Zentaury
Started on: 01-29-2020 02:48 PM
Replies: 1 (100 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-29-2020 03:47 PM
Zentaury

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZentaurySend a Private Message to ZentauryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The passengers side head in my 1985 GT is cracked. To replace it I got an engine to keep it for extra parts and stuff. When I did disassemble the "new" engine, I think at the moment when I lifted the lower intake still attached to the head, the push rods came out and fell on the floor (probably I did it the wrong way). I see that everyone says to keep all that stuff in order.

Is really a big issue if the push rods are all mixed? Or... would be more convenient to buy new ones?

Thanks for your help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zentaury:

Is really a big issue if the push rods are all mixed? Or... would be more convenient to buy new ones?

On a pristine high performance engine, I probably wouldn't want to mix up parts that had already established wear patterns with adjacent components. On an old engine that's not being pushed to the limits, mixing up the push rods will probably make little difference.

On the other hand, push rods are pretty cheap... so splurge if it'll make you feel more comfortable. (Keep in mind though that the ends of the new push rods will also not "match" the old rockers or the top of the old lifters.)

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-29-2020).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock