is there a way to remove sunroof like t-top by moi-maxim
Started on: 01-13-2020 07:37 PM
Replies: 6 (769 views)
Last post by: DukeHog on 01-15-2020 03:19 PM
moi-maxim

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moi-maximSend a Private Message to moi-maximEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi the title prety much say it all lol
i saw a fiero with the sunroof completely remove but i dont know if its permenant or is there a kit for making the window removable like t-top and put it in the trunk
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assuming you have a proper factory sunroof there are two buttons on the sunroof latch, after unlatching it push those buttons in to release the latch. After that the sunroof slides out up and to the back of the car and comes off. Be gentle removing it as the two tabs that hold it in place up front can bend or even break the glass. There should be mounts to store the sunroof in the front 'trunk.'
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
moi-maxim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moi-maximSend a Private Message to moi-maximEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW free mod lol im new in fiero world so i didnt know that the sunroof was removable hahaha
thx a lot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Owner's manual...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OM shows most of this...
But...
Any damage to the front hooks/tabs on glass and/or the latch can make big headaches. Including will leak in rain etc.

Worse front edge holes have plastic trim and often is missing. When true... can put the hooks in wrong slot and wreck the hooks.

Plus glass may seem light when opening/closing or out of car... Is another story trying to remove or install because of location and load for you holding it w/ arms straight out. Sim problem using a broom vs holding one at end and pointing to a wall.

Plus Roof Glass can get very hot in the sun... Enough to burn you even if the rest of the car just get warm.

So be very careful how you remove and install the glass.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 01-15-2020).]

DukeHog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DukeHogSend a Private Message to DukeHogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The previous owner of the Fiero I purchased last year had no idea the sunroof came out. He acted as if he wanted to keep the car after I showed him how to remove and store it.

I learned the hard way back in 1989 not to go to bed if your car is parked outside with the sunroof removed. The seats had soaked up probably 10 gallons of rain water during a storm that night. It was a cold and wet ride to work that morning.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock