3800 Supercharged Fiero Dominates at the Drag Strip by DimeMachine
Started on: 01-09-2020 12:11 PM
Replies: 10 (378 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 01-17-2020 08:11 AM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys-

If your are on the fence about doing a swap like this.....

Let me just say, it is a TON of fun!! With the resources here on Pennocks (both the archives and current active forum members) you can do it!!

https://youtu.be/NacB47T21OA

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looks like the best “bang for the buck” to me.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

Guys-

If your are on the fence about doing a swap like this.....

Let me just say, it is a TON of fun!! With the resources here on Pennocks (both the archives and current active forum members) you can do it!!

Not if you live in the People's Republic of California, and have a manual trans, but glad to see you are dusting off some respectable cars.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Not if you live in the People's Republic of California, and have a manual trans, but glad to see you are dusting off some respectable cars.

Peoples republic of California..... Sorry about that - price you pay to live in paradise. If it makes you feel any better, It is arctic and nasty here in Siberia, I mean MN....
OntarioKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OntarioKevSend a Private Message to OntarioKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are your 60ft times? Are you running a 4t65e-hd transmission?

What about a cam or intercooler?

I really want to get mine to the track this year. I think its been about 3 years now.....
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OntarioKev:

I really want to get mine to the track this year. I think its been about 3 years now.....

60' times are 1.74 on all season performance radials!
4t65e - HD Tranny with a low dollar rebuild about 500 passes ago. Bullet proof in the high 11's.
NO intercooler as I have liquid intercooling --- E-85, the best thing that ever happened to the M90 supercharger.

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

OntarioKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OntarioKevSend a Private Message to OntarioKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had easy access to E85.....Basically have to order it by the drum from race shops where I am...
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Still looks like the best “bang for the buck” to me.

Agreed- I think it is one of the quickest cars/per dollar spent that you can do that is durable and can be easily daily driven!

------------------

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Peoples republic of California..... Sorry about that - price you pay to live in paradise. If it makes you feel any better, It is arctic and nasty here in Siberia, I mean MN....

don't have that problem here in sunny FLA !
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

don't have that problem here in sunny FLA !

That is a true statement and I do envy you today.....................but I wont on August 1st

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 01-12-2020).]

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OntarioKev:

Oh, and has the ZZP VS cam. Barely notice it as far as drivability - XP might be better choice.....
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock