IMSA side scoops by cvxjet
Started on: 12-02-2019 08:17 PM
Replies: 6 (340 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 12-02-2019 11:59 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always wanted my Fiero to have symmetrical scoops- and I also wanted larger ones....Saw some on customized Fieros that fit the bill. I Found out that they came from a place called The Fiero Warehouse....The exact ones I wanted were the "IMSA Quarter Panels" for $200...They offered grills for them but I had an idea about the grills so I bought just the scoops.

I wanted to use the very nice hexcel grillwork that is attached to the bottom of the coupe deck grills...I had swapped my 85 SE V6 to 86-88 GT rear bodywork so I did not need the original grills anymore...

I used an old pen (Cut into short sections) to make sockets for the screws that would hold the grill and also airboxes I had made of aluminum sheet- I don't remember how I pulled this off but I punched 2 holes in each airbox and somehow the upper one on the left aligned perfectly with the V6 air intake (The lower ones are for brake cooling ducts)

Here are some pics of what I did...

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 12-02-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any really good pics of the car with these scoops prominent...This is the best I have at the moment (The spoiler is a photo "Chopped" one that I am in process of actually building)
tmadia

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmadiaSend a Private Message to tmadiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! I like your spoiler too, did you get it at the same place?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No on the spoiler- it is (IN process) being home built.........I have a spare decklid and have already made 3/8" thick plates that go on the edges of the decklid.....I will then fill in the middle with expanding foam, shave and shape, then wrap with fiberglass cloth, sand and paint...Then I have to make the parts that go on the rear clip on the sides to finish the spoiler...

Here are pics of a ruined decklid that I experimented with....
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're loving that mobile posting app

Finally get to see photos of your car.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Same guy that made my spoiler made your side scoops- Sage

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes- I was tempted to get that spoiler as the basis for mine- but there was going to be so much work to modify it that I decided to just make it myself. I had never worked with fiberglass until the floor on my jet boat collapsed- I had to cut out the remains and then FG some plywood back in- also did some mods to make the floor better/eliminate any possibility of water intrusion (Unless I SINK the boat)....19 years later and it's still solid...One of the few times I impressed my Father.

This FG over shaped foam thing is interesting but I am glad I practiced on the bad decklid...hopefully I can pull it off well...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock