Wimpy Wiper Washer spray by edfiero
Started on: 12-02-2019 12:35 PM
Replies: 3 (46 views)
Last post by: edfiero on 12-02-2019 01:33 PM
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroClick Here to Email edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a new Washer motor/Pump, but very sorry excuse for spray.
With the engine off, the fluid just dribbles out of the squirters, while with the engine running, I get spray up the windshield only about half way.

Going a step further, I see I have only 7.5 volts at the pump with the engine off and around 10 volts with the engine running.

Battery is fully charged, car starts fine, no other voltage problems.

Anyone know what is the expected voltage at the pump, and if there is a splice or connector in the Pump circuit I could check for corrosion? Suggestions to improve my spray ?? Seems like I need to get the voltage at the pump back up to 12-13 volts to return the spray to the days of old.

I like firing off some 'chaff' when I have guys tailgating me.
IP: Logged
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunClick Here to Email CajunSend a Private Message to CajunReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The washer pump needs 12vdc. What year & engine do you have? I will check the appropriate wiring diagram.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 544
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Often low volts at 1 thing or three is only a symptom for iffy grounds etc anywhere in a car.
See my Cave, Electric Motors etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroClick Here to Email edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

The washer pump needs 12vdc. What year & engine do you have? I will check the appropriate wiring diagram.

84 Super Duke

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock