Front β€˜88 Rotors & Calapers by kevin
Started on: 12-01-2019 11:08 AM
Replies: 4 (182 views)
Last post by: kevin on 12-01-2019 05:40 PM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
I own a β€˜85 SE, with a 5 speed and a V6. As I was cleaning out my garage I found 2 complete β€˜88 rotors and their associated calipers😊 πŸ‘
My question: What’s involved in replacing my β€˜85 rotors and calipers and installing the complete’88 rotor(s) and caliper(s)?
Any ideas or instructional videos?
Cordially,
kevin
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have installed the 88 brakes on the front of my 85 SE....You need 12" C4 Vette discs and adapter brackets (Got mine from Sluppy123 on here) and you need to cut off the discs from the spindles. I actually went with a set of Aluminum spindles from Sluppy- kept the weight down and he offset the mounting surface so that I did not gain any wheel offset....I am attempting to post pics.....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 12-01-2019).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you😊.....
However I need clarification? Since I already have the β€˜88 Fiero discs, why are we discussing a Corvette upgrade?
Help me understand?
Cordially,
kevin
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To actually mount the 88 calipers to your 84-87 spindle, it requires adapters and room for the adapters....so you must move the calipers out at least a half inch or so...
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet,
To make it simple, I will text Sluppy123 and order me some of these spacers.
Thanks a million!
kevin

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock