A question for the 3800 swappers by Dave E Bouy
Started on: 11-18-2019 07:28 PM
Replies: 3 (275 views)
Last post by: Biggest_of_A on 12-13-2019 11:37 AM
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. I have a question for the 3800 swappers. I've done a number of these swaps over the years and have always used the supercharger belt tensioning arragement from a 98 GP in the past in order to fit under the passenger side decklid hinge box. However I can't seem to find one at my local pick a part. Does anyone know if the setup from a 2001 Bonneville SSEI will fit? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Initial.F

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2019 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Initial.FSend a Private Message to Initial.FEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should work I have my Alternator in the stock location with a short stack intercooler and had no issues.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2019 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

Hello all. I have a question for the 3800 swappers. I've done a number of these swaps over the years and have always used the supercharger belt tensioning arragement from a 98 GP in the past in order to fit under the passenger side decklid hinge box. However I can't seem to find one at my local pick a part. Does anyone know if the setup from a 2001 Bonneville SSEI will fit? Thanks

I've found that the Bonneville supercharger belt tensioner bracket's front idler pulley hits the Fiero firewall, so it won't work. However, don't limit your search to 3800 SC W-body (Regal, Grand Prix, Impala, etc) cars for the bracket - most other W-body cars with the 3800 non-supercharged engine used the same bracket (because it is part of one of the dog-bone motor mounts); it just doesn't have a tensioner arm or idler pulley attached to it from the factory (but you can buy those parts separately).

-ryan

------------------
More is more. Less is not enough.

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

Biggest_of_A

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2019 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Biggest_of_ASend a Private Message to Biggest_of_AEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buick Riviera?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock