WCF Camero Brake Kit Questions by e-rock
Started on: 11-16-2019 03:37 PM
Replies: 7 (244 views)
Last post by: jjd2296 on 11-20-2019 07:19 AM
e-rock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for e-rockSend a Private Message to e-rockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings all, I know the topic of brake upgrades has been beat to death on here so here's yet another thread about it!

Actually, my question is a tiny bit more specific: I see that West Coast Fiero sells several upgrade kits and the one that interests me the most is their 10-1/4" Camero Kit as it appears that it will fit behind the stock rims and work with the stock parking brake lever setup.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions on this kit. How "plug and play" it is, rim clearance/fitment issues, effectiveness, quality, bang for buck, etc.

I know this is a bit of a charged topic on here, with some strong opinions regarding upgrading the Fiero's stock brakes but I have tried everything I can think of to improve the performance of the stock system and nothing has left me overly confident in its effectiveness. The best upgrade up until now was the larger brake booster but even that left something to be desired.

My 87 GT is mostly stock, I'm a fan of the stock snowflake rims, and I don't autocross or race (unless you count driving in Atlanta).

I'd love to hear some opinions on this kit or alternatives that will work with the stock rims.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your '87 GT will fit 11.25" brakes under the stock 15" wheels. 10.25 is not really enough of an upgrade to be worth the effort. The 11.25" setup is fantastic.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caveat emptor applies if considering WCF as a vendor.....
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the '88 Fiero rotors are 10.25". Anyway, that's only 0.5" larger than the '84-87 rotors... not much of an upgrade.

And yeah, caveat emptor definitely applies to WCF.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by e-rock:

WCF Camero Brake Kit Questions

As a '78 Z28 Camaro owner, I hate seeing the name spelled wrong.

Not as bad I suppose as people posting here who misspell Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-17-2019).]

e-rock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for e-rockSend a Private Message to e-rockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

As a '78 Z28 Camaro owner, I hate seeing the name spelled wrong.

Not as bad I suppose as people posting here who misspell Fiero.

Oh man I thought that spelling looked off! In my defense that’s actually how they had it spelled on their site.

Speaking of which, I had no idea WCF had a bad rap on here, the only reason I’ve avoided them until now is because their prices were usually too high for me. I’m glad you guys pointed that out.

I’m more glad though that the larger 11.25 inch rotors will work under the stock rims! And some quick searching shows a lot of threads on that plus I see that Archie (who I have bought from before) makes a kit just for that. I’ll almost certainly be getting that one. Thanks a ton everyone!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by e-rock:

Oh man I thought that spelling looked off! In my defense that’s actually how they had it spelled on their site.

Wow, you're right. Real professional of them.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2019 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
11.25 lebaron rotors will work but you will have to grind the tip of the camaro rotors to fit. You can do this all yourself with off the shelf parts I have all the part number s and specs for brackets on new your email

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock