Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  99 northstar in an 88 formula, does anyone tune the ECM's for a 5 speed getrag?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
99 northstar in an 88 formula, does anyone tune the ECM's for a 5 speed getrag? by m0sh_man
Started on: 11-10-2019 01:26 AM
Replies: 3 (186 views)
Last post by: Will on 11-12-2019 07:35 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i've got a 90k mile motor thats already been head studded, I like the idea of doing the northstar V8 but i'm curious if anyones still tuning them?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2019 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can use the " '99 Oldsmobile Shelby" .bin file (I have it if you can't download it from AllData or similar service) in an 0411 LS1 PCM. This computer and .bin combo can be tuned by *ANY* shop that has HP Tuners. This setup only works on '99 and older Northstars.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

You can use the " '99 Oldsmobile Shelby" .bin file (I have it if you can't download it from AllData or similar service) in an 0411 LS1 PCM. This computer and .bin combo can be tuned by *ANY* shop that has HP Tuners. This setup only works on '99 and older Northstars.

Thanks Will, it's been years since i've been in the fiero community and in the last 6 months i picked up an 88 formula 5 speed and a blue 87GT 5 speed. then someone gave me a 99 caddy with a rusted subframe with 90k miles, engine has already been studded and resealed. then i picked up a monte carlo Z34 with 3.4L DOHC engine for $250..... i've been beating around on which engine to put in the formula, and i've always wanted a northstar but knew the tuning was a problem. *IF* the LS1 PCM works then that would definitely be the way to go for me.

other than 0411, do you have a part # for the PCM? and do i need the LS1 harness to modify, or just modify the northstar harness for the LS1 PCM.

matthew
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can google "0411 PCM" and find them available. It's EXTREMELY common in the LS world. The full PN is 12200411

You'll need the connectors/pigtails that are specific to the 0411, which you can splice into the Caddy harness. I can get you the "shield" colors that have the right keying probably next weekend.

I'm running this combo, so it definitely works.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock