Unknown hose from air cleaner by Sledgehammer
Started on: 10-27-2019 12:14 AM
Replies: 2 (106 views)
Last post by: Sledgehammer on 10-27-2019 01:00 AM
Sledgehammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SledgehammerSend a Private Message to SledgehammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone help me identify what this hose is supposed to attach to>

I. Have an stock unmolested 87 2.8. I found what looks like the size of a “Heater hose” behind the air cleaner can. The hose appears to be cut off but is pointing to the air cleaner which has a fitting that would accept it, but the fitting is “closed/sealed” off. The hose is attached to a steel pipe/tube which runs along the firewall and ends about in the center (from left to right) the end of the pipe has another piece of hose attached to it but is cut off and goes nowhere. this thing looks like it must be there to do something but I can’t understand what.

Any ideas what his is for?

Sledgehammer
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From This thread...

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I wish we could have a sticky thread about the "mystery pipe". People ask this same question about once a week.

Sledgehammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SledgehammerSend a Private Message to SledgehammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, after reading further this mystery pipe was part of a recall and is why both ends seem to go nowhere. My air cleaner was plugged off also. I suppose we just leave it alone. Thanks for the info.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock