86 front springs by Bulldog802
Started on: 10-26-2019 08:13 PM
Replies: 3 (161 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-27-2019 01:02 AM
Bulldog802

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2019 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bulldog802Send a Private Message to Bulldog802Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally putting my front end back together and really don't want to re use my old front springs. Car is 86 we, 3800sc swap. Rear suspension is coilovers with 325 (I think,I bought them 5 years ago lol ). I've got RDs lowering ball joints in so I want a stock spring length, but have no idea what the best rate will be. Use is strictly for fun, maybe autox again one day, so it doesn't need to be crazy hard or mushy soft. Spirited is what I'm shooting for. Stock wheels and Grand am brakes up front.
Thanks in advance gang!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2019 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bulldog802:

...really don't want to re use my old front springs. I want a stock spring length, but have no idea what the best rate will be.

I'm curious... where are you expecting to find a choice of custom spring rates for the front of a Fiero? Does such a supplier exist?

What's wrong with the original front springs? Are they sagging? If not, and especially if you still have the original front shocks, you might be quite surprised with how much better the car will feel with modern replacement front shocks.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2019 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are either going to reuse the stock springs or get some lowering springs. No one makes coilovers for the fiero fronts currently. You may be able to find a used kit.

I would suggest going with what Patrick suggested, get some new shocks and see how it feels from there.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay with the stock springs if they're not sagging.
New front shocks.
Bigger sway bars front and rear.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock