Rear Brake Caliper Pistons by Mike in Sydney
Started on: 10-23-2019 06:30 PM
Replies: 10 (471 views)
Last post by: Mike in Sydney on 11-17-2019 09:30 PM
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a source for NEW rear brake caliper pistons for '85, '86, & '87 models? Summit Racing & Rack Auto don't have them and can't get them any longer. Centric & Raybestos evidently stopped making them.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i was looking for set not too long ago 2 members had them but i found mines at the junk yard. contact them.

1. Johns 4.9
2. Larry Hubbert
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2019 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try these...

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=307142

https://www.finditparts.com...1/raybestos-dps85089

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Di...83.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2019 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the number (Raybestos DPS85090) for the driver's side, please ?
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2019 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Is this the number (Raybestos DPS85090) for the driver's side, please ?

No. RR= Right Rear or Passenger side rear.
DPS85089 by RAYBESTOS

Part Number
DPS85089
Manufacturer
RAYBESTOS
Description
Disc Brake Caliper Piston RR

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 11-15-2019).]

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Spoon.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2019 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked at Summit, RockAuto, Amazon, etc and everywhere I look, it is "Out of Stock".......

Really frustrating that they made 370,000 Fieros and yet noone bothers to carry a lot of parts for it- yet the MR2 is supported by a number of companies even tho they only built a small number of them.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the problem. No one has the Pistons for the left rear. I was on the back order let at Summit for 7-weeks before they told me they couldn't get it from Raybestos or Centric. No longer being made but they still show "Out of stock".

------------------
Mike in Sydney

mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be thankfull you don't own an 88
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rebuilt my rear pistons (88 brakes on an 85 SE).....Silicoan86 found the inner seals in another vehicles piston rebuild kit from Centric; PN 14362008

It is a bit of work but has worked for me for a couple of years. He went thru all of the steps to disassemble and rebuild the pistons/calipers...Look up "1988 rear brake caliper internal seals found"

I believe the internal seals are the same between the 84-87 and the 88s.....(And the steps are the same also)

Because the 88s are so rare, I have been picking up 88 brake calipers in the JYs as spares for the Golden Gate Fiero Club- Noone should allow 88 calipers to go to the crusher- Grab them because they are becoming "Gold".....
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got all the seals and pistons for the front. It's the new, self-adjusting pistons for the rear that are impossible to find.

I feel for those Fiero owners that own '88's. The lack of parts is going to force us to fit other parts or aftermarket systems from Wilwood or equal. I'm probably going to fit '85 Seville brakes on the rear of my two '86's. I suspect, though, that parts will be getting scare for those, too.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay