Swap Specialties by Bubblhd90
Started on: 10-23-2019 01:14 PM
Replies: 4 (583 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-25-2019 07:17 PM
Bubblhd90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A year ago last May we sent a Buick 3800 harness and our 87 2.8 harness to this fellow in Canada (Name censored) and quite a while later it came back and there were issues. We asked the person for help with no response. We attended a Fiero meet in Michigan and spoke with a person there who referred us to GMTuners. Back home in Colorado, we called them and they referred us to "Andy" at SwapSpecialties for harness issue. He praised them so we called and Andy said they could rework the harness and the cost was tolerable for us. We sent the harness to them in May of this year with a info sheet on what we needed for a set up. To make a long story short. We finally got a harness back 6 weeks ago and it was worse than what we call Canada's version. We can already imagine the array of feedback we are going to get with this. Swap Specialties do NOT answer, reply to requests. And when they do, it's we tried to call but no answer. Simply, their customer service Stinks. Yes, we tried to save money and now $1,400 later and 2 years later we are no farther along. We are ready for the negative feedback and we are also looking for any help we can get to figure our issues: Basically, This harness was sent with a VSS plug that we cannot connect to our Getrag 5spd. The harness has a terminal box and no C500 plug. No oil sending unit plug, And no A/C plug (Buick) or A/C pressure plug. I finally got them to return my Coilpack pigtail, but the Buick ECM they programmed may or may not work.
The idiot acronym probably is appropriate but we'd also like to get help too.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no need to "censor" the name from the guy in Canada, most of us already know what a pain he is. You should post the name to keep other people that may not know who this is so they can stay away.

Sorry to hear about your other difficulties, I fail to understand why people that are offering this service can **** up a wiring harness and why it takes them so long, especially if it is their core business. I have done a couple harnesses for people and if you are half organized it should only take 3-4 hours to rework one (unless you are building it from scratch). These people should have some sort of layout (or jig) if they are doing it as a business so it should be straight forward.

I would be asking just where the hell is your C500 connector - I am assuming you sent it with one (along with all the other plugs). Almost sounds like they sent you the wrong harness.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sending you a PM.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bubblhd90:

A year ago last May we sent a Buick 3800 harness and our 87 2.8 harness to this fellow in Canada (Name censored) and quite a while later it came back and there were issues. We asked the person for help with no response. We attended a Fiero meet in Michigan and spoke with a person there who referred us to GMTuners. Back home in Colorado, we called them and they referred us to "Andy" at SwapSpecialties for harness issue. He praised them so we called and Andy said they could rework the harness and the cost was tolerable for us. We sent the harness to them in May of this year with a info sheet on what we needed for a set up. To make a long story short. We finally got a harness back 6 weeks ago and it was worse than what we call Canada's version. We can already imagine the array of feedback we are going to get with this. Swap Specialties do NOT answer, reply to requests. And when they do, it's we tried to call but no answer. Simply, their customer service Stinks. Yes, we tried to save money and now $1,400 later and 2 years later we are no farther along. We are ready for the negative feedback and we are also looking for any help we can get to figure our issues: Basically, This harness was sent with a VSS plug that we cannot connect to our Getrag 5spd. The harness has a terminal box and no C500 plug. No oil sending unit plug, And no A/C plug (Buick) or A/C pressure plug. I finally got them to return my Coilpack pigtail, but the Buick ECM they programmed may or may not work.
The idiot acronym probably is appropriate but we'd also like to get help too.

It sounds like you really got laid on that deal and $1400 for a harness is outrageous. There are guys on this forum who can fabricate a workable harness from your but it will require checking each wire and hours of labor. It sounds like one good guy here will respond to you.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 10-28-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent, I can fix you up and get you back on track....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock