Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  New coil overs for my 3800sc '86 GT - best buy providers please...?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New coil overs for my 3800sc '86 GT - best buy providers please...? by hypo327
Started on: 10-20-2019 06:49 PM
Replies: 3 (143 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-20-2019 08:52 PM
hypo327

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2019 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need quality adjustable coil-over struts for my 1986 3800sc GT to make room for 7.5 to 8" wheels for bigger tires. Please point me in the right direction...thanks???

[This message has been edited by hypo327 (edited 10-20-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
str8maxn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2019 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hypo327:

I need quality adjustable coil-over struts for my 1986 3800sc GT to make room for 7.5 to 8" wheels for bigger tires. Please point me in the right direction...thanks???

I recently made my own. I purchased KYB shocks and struts from RockAuto for an effective cost of $25 per corner. Found Ford Mustang Cobra 12" 325LBS coils on OfferUp for $30 and pick up a 1990 Honda Civic Coilover Kit for another $20 on OfferUp (for the sleeves). New coilovers for under $150.

Instructions can be found on the forum. Maybe you want to go this route.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2019 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that Fieroguru may have these items for your specific car.

Nelson
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I believe that Fieroguru may have these items for your specific car.

Nelson

Thanks Nelson!

Yes, I offer several levels of coilover kits from the basic hardware for the DIY to fully assembled kits ready to bolt in. They are made to the specific application and customer preference for colors and spring rates. They all come with new strut hats, stainless steel studs, washers, nuts and new bump stops as well.

Unfortunately with Koni discontinuing the Fiero rear struts (single adjustable in rebound), there are no off-the-shelf adjustable performance struts for the Fiero. Most Fiero coilovers are now based on KYB struts.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/076627.html
http://fieroguruperformance.com/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock