Clutch parts europe by Qwal
Started on: 10-19-2019 05:35 AM
Replies: 4 (142 views)
Last post by: Qwal on 10-20-2019 06:08 AM
Qwal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QwalSend a Private Message to QwalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, long time lurker.

I got myself a fiero 88 with a ht 3.4 engine swap and compressor converted with e85.

Currently my clutch is not engaging good enough. it works sometimes when it is hot and sometimes now.

I have replaced master cylinder and will replace slave.
Just got a garage for this winter i can work in and thinking about doing a lot of stuff.

It currently dynos 250and 480 torque.

So i was thinking of replacing the clutch/flywheel clutch arm/bearing and so on, getting new syncromesh oil for transmission and some general maintenance.

I have pretty much no experience, but i am a quick learner and it's not that complicated, just takes time.

So on to the real question, where can i get parts in europe.

Or if i order from usa (no problems), what parts do you recommend me to get? What flywheel and clutch especially. I do not use it as a daily driver at all. and i have plans to take it to track day.

Probably getting rodmans slave clutch in aluminium. i also have the vertical door kit sitting that i am mounting this year. Have ideas for an intercooler as well, probably water based.

[This message has been edited by Qwal (edited 10-20-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might have too long of a pushrod if your hydraulics are stock. Holds the clutch slightly open. Not hard to shorten it a bit at a time with a grinder, take about a 1/16 off and see if it makes a difference. But if the clutch hung in there on the dyno you probably have other problems.

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think, first we need to establish what model transmission you have.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And what engine.
The 3.6?
Qwal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2019 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QwalSend a Private Message to QwalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the normal 5speed getrag transmission, and it is a ht 3.4, not 3.6 sry.

To long you say, that make sense, because i don't think the clutch is worn out, since it isnt slipping all the time. will look into that, i have agarage i am moving it to in a week.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock