2.5L rubber Vacuum and EFI tubes by Quiberey
Started on: 10-10-2019 09:05 PM
Replies: 7 (240 views)
Last post by: AsaBergman on 10-11-2019 12:51 AM
Quiberey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuibereySend a Private Message to QuibereyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all.

I have a 1985 Pontiac Fiero SE 2.5L in-line 4 and I was pretty stupid and I pulled all the rubber vacuum/fuel lines from the Fuel vapor canister all the way to the EFI and I didn't take any pictures so now I have no idea where to plug what into what. I've searched the internet and found some diagrams but honestly I know very little about cars and what parts are what so they were no help. If someone could drop some pics of where all the rubber vacuum and fuel hoses connect I will be eternally grateful.

After I do that I can finally see if this thing will turn over.

Thanks!

------------------
POP POP POP POP-UP UP AND DOWN HEADLIGHTS UHH

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you checked the Vacuum Hose Routing Diagram on the underside of your decklid?
Quiberey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuibereySend a Private Message to QuibereyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
🙃

Thank you.
Quiberey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuibereySend a Private Message to QuibereyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quiberey

7 posts
Member since Oct 2019
Okay actually I still need help that diagram tells me where everything is supposed to plug in on the TBI unit but it doesn't tell me where the plugs are supposed to go on the manifold vacuum fitting. It just says "to manifold vacuum fitting"

I'm not sure what that is but I know that some vacuum tubes are supposed to plug in to this circular plunger lookin thing that sits on top of a Folgers can lookin thing. The plunger says cruise on it and on the left side of the can there are two tube holes.

Sorry for being so vague I just really don't know what any of this stuff is called.
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quiberey:

Okay actually I still need help that diagram tells me where everything is supposed to plug in on the TBI unit but it doesn't tell me where the plugs are supposed to go on the manifold vacuum fitting. It just says "to manifold vacuum fitting"

I'm not sure what that is but I know that some vacuum tubes are supposed to plug in to this circular plunger lookin thing that sits on top of a Folgers can lookin thing. The plunger says cruise on it and on the left side of the can there are two tube holes.

Sorry for being so vague I just really don't know what any of this stuff is called.

On my 84 the manifold vacuum block sticking out of the intake has one large line for the brake booster, a line for the charcoal canister purge valve(this goes to the metal line that runs along the trunk), and one for cruise control.
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AsaBergman

137 posts
Member since Apr 2018

The 'Folgers can' is the cruise vacuum reservoir, one of the ports goes to the intake manifold vacuum ports, not the throttle body.
Quiberey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuibereySend a Private Message to QuibereyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay cool we have some progress. Thank you for your insight so then I guess I need a cruise control vacuum tubing diagram of some sorts. or a picture of the cruise control where the vacuum hoses connect so that I have a better idea of where I need to plug them in.
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2019 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay cool we have some progress. Thank you for your insight so then I guess I need a cruise control vacuum tubing diagram of some sorts. or a picture of the cruise control where the vacuum hoses connect so that I have a better idea of where I need to plug them in.

I unfortunately removed my cruise so can't get a picture but one vacuum line on the cruise servo goes to the vacuum/coffee can, the other goes to the cruise purge/disengage solenoid or switch. The bottom line on the solenoid is for the coffee can. If I recall the Fiero uses a purge solenoid so there should be a tiny electric component in that area that has a vacuum line spot on it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock