I know this has been covered in quite a few threads, and trust me, I have been through the majority of them. But there are a couple bits of information I am still unsure about that I was hoping some AC gurus could answer. I am not versed in AC very much at all, but want to try my hand at maybe prepping the vehicle and then having it flushed/charged by the pros. It's a 3800 S3 S/C compressor running on a S2 PCM, with custom hoses containing a switch port. 87 GT fiero. Anyway, here goes:
1. Can anyone verify the o-ring for the pressure sensor (P/N 13587697) used in the switch port? Talked to Summit and they are saying it is AC Delco P/N 15-3592 or GM P/N 19188397.
2. Is that the clutch cycling switch that is plugged into the accumulator? If so, what do I do with this and the wiring, since I am now going to use the switch port/PCM controls?
3. I assume I no longer need the compressor switches mentioned here
? Does the same go for the compressor control valve?
4. I need to order a new accumulator. Do any of the Fiero ones come R-134 ready? Or will I need the adapter fittings mentioned in the thread above? Are the high side and low side Schrader valve cores required too, and replace the old valve cores? If so, what makes these valve cores required over the old ones?
5. Are the suction and discharge ports that are mentioned in the "o-ring" section of the link the vehicle side o-rings that go on the hoses heading to the compressor hoses?
6. Since I have the 3800 compressor ends on the custom hoses, are the "compressor hose discharge end" and "compressor hose suction end" parts different now? Any clue on those part numbers as well?
I know this is a bit long winded, but I appreciate all the help as usual.