3800 AC Swap Questions by AndrewTHG
Started on: 10-08-2019 03:15 PM
Replies: 4 (167 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 10-09-2019 09:37 AM
AndrewTHG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewTHGSend a Private Message to AndrewTHGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this has been covered in quite a few threads, and trust me, I have been through the majority of them. But there are a couple bits of information I am still unsure about that I was hoping some AC gurus could answer. I am not versed in AC very much at all, but want to try my hand at maybe prepping the vehicle and then having it flushed/charged by the pros. It's a 3800 S3 S/C compressor running on a S2 PCM, with custom hoses containing a switch port. 87 GT fiero. Anyway, here goes:

1. Can anyone verify the o-ring for the pressure sensor (P/N 13587697) used in the switch port? Talked to Summit and they are saying it is AC Delco P/N 15-3592 or GM P/N 19188397.
2. Is that the clutch cycling switch that is plugged into the accumulator? If so, what do I do with this and the wiring, since I am now going to use the switch port/PCM controls?
3. I assume I no longer need the compressor switches mentioned here ? Does the same go for the compressor control valve?
4. I need to order a new accumulator. Do any of the Fiero ones come R-134 ready? Or will I need the adapter fittings mentioned in the thread above? Are the high side and low side Schrader valve cores required too, and replace the old valve cores? If so, what makes these valve cores required over the old ones?
5. Are the suction and discharge ports that are mentioned in the "o-ring" section of the link the vehicle side o-rings that go on the hoses heading to the compressor hoses?
6. Since I have the 3800 compressor ends on the custom hoses, are the "compressor hose discharge end" and "compressor hose suction end" parts different now? Any clue on those part numbers as well?

I know this is a bit long winded, but I appreciate all the help as usual.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. IDK
2. Cut the cycling switch of of the wiring lead and connect the blue and green wires. The cycling switch is not used, PCM controls that function.
3. Those switches are not present on the 3800 compressor.

Thats all I got.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To control the A/C with a 3800 swap all you will need is the high side pressure switch tha connects to the PCM and the A/C request signal (12V on). You mount the pressure sensor on the high side lane with a 10MM switch port.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

AndrewTHG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewTHGSend a Private Message to AndrewTHGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad Joe, I'll take that! As always, thank you for your help. You too Dennis. Now just a few more questions and I will have my AC working just in time for winter
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do a search on my recent threads on this same topic. Lots of good info. I bought a hose from a member here with the pressure sensor port- works great... Definitely recommend using the 3800 compressor..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock