Need a name for this part and possibly where to get one by Jasperr
Started on: 10-06-2019 05:54 PM
Replies: 9 (257 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-08-2019 09:44 PM
Jasperr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasperrSend a Private Message to JasperrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://imgur.com/Rjw59Ar

My new project, a '85 SE. These two bars that attach behind the bumper. Fellas in pretty poor shape and I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can get them (shy of pulling from another car of course) Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AsaBergman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome.

I've seen those two bars called cross braces, forward supports, skid bars(?). There's no replacements so you'd either pull them off another Fiero or make new ones. If they're not rotted just take them off, sandblast or wire wheel and paint them.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Rodney Dickman sells them:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=23&products_id=107
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Store too...
https://www.fierostore.com/...ail.aspx?p=1&s=52312

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the RD ones because I needed more clearance for my stabilizer bar mounting system- They are well made and a good price....
Jasperr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JasperrSend a Private Message to JasperrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. New they had to be out there somewhere just couldn't figure out the right name to call them searching around.

And yea they need more than just a brushing the driver side one practically has a hole in it from some bad rusting.

[This message has been edited by Jasperr (edited 10-06-2019).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2019 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember these, these always get damaged. Years ago, I had to go through 3 Fieros in the junkyard before I could find a pair that was decent enough that I could sand down and paint... and that weren't all bent and damaged.
sledcaddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones I bought from the Fiero Store are beefier than the stock ones. Excellent welds! And powder coated, to boot!
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the 88s come with these? I don't remember ever seeing these when I dismantled my front end.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2019 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, the 88 front crossmember is a much different design than the earlier years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock