Does anyone know how this front mount battery is mounted by msweldon
Started on: 09-21-2019 04:29 PM
Replies: 6 (338 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-22-2019 02:28 AM
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been looking around for alternative front mount battery orientations and came across this from GMTuners but no explanation by Darth

Can anyone shed some light on what frame/tray etc.. was used to mount the battery?

thanks,
M
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just curious... why might you prefer that style over the more conventional lower and centered front battery mount?

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has a lower battery tray. Might be the stock fiero tray moved to the front with some mounting tabs fabbed up to mount to the front frame rail.
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2019 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm just curious... why might you prefer that style over the more conventional lower and centered front battery mount?

Sorry... should have stated that I have an mr2 spyder power steering pump to mount up there so looking at other options... might put the battery in the usual spot and mount the power steering where the jack tray is located... just looking at options and ideas...

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 09-21-2019).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2019 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You going to start a thread about your power steering pump? Curious to see how you do it.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2019 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my battery mounted centered with a spare tire holding it in place. I also have the MR2 Spyder PWST pump that works with 1) Power, 2) Ground, 3) Key power, and 4) (Fiero) Speedo signal...I plan on mounting it between the Radiator and the spare tire well down low on the left side.

The other good place I have seen a battery mounted up front was below the right headlight well- It is harder to access but balances the weight left/right better...

When I installed the battery up front I did not like a big wire running next to the gas tank energized all the time- I used a Ford-style separate starter solenoid up front so that the large wire is only hot during start-up, and then ran a AWG 8 wire back to the junction block to actually run the car- that wire has a 60 amp fuse on it and runs in the schedule 40 tubing with the ground wire so if I high-center it will pop the fuse and not the gas (And me)...I have a wiring diagram but can't post images here- I can send it to you if you wish.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2019 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Sorry... should have stated that I have an mr2 spyder power steering pump to mount up there so looking at other options...

Ah... okay, it makes more sense now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock