Who Remembers Loyde Rascoe? by teh1337
Started on: 09-04-2019 01:16 PM
Replies: 14 (949 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 12-18-2019 03:16 PM
teh1337

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for teh1337Send a Private Message to teh1337Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess his last activity was around 2013. It seems like a lot of users weren't happy with him here. I found a good website if you guys are interested in checking it. It's linked to here. It seems he's now changed his name to "Floyd Rasc" and has transitioned into BMW Motorcycles with a new product.

Anyone have some good stories about the guy?

www.xworksbmw.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah yes, the infmaous Lloyd of Fast Fieros of Dallas, LOTS of horror stories here in the archives. The only bigger Fiero crook was Phil Huff.
teh1337

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for teh1337Send a Private Message to teh1337Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Ah yes, the infmaous Lloyd of Fast Fieros of Dallas, LOTS of horror stories here in the archives. The only bigger Fiero crook was Phil Huff.

He's on to a new scam with the S1000RR now. Claims he's owned over 240 Fiero's in his life lol
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by teh1337:

He's on to a new scam with the S1000RR now. Claims he's owned over 240 Fiero's in his life lol

Probably true. They came in blister-packs. If you flip those Fieros over, you can see "Hot Wheels".
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have actually been to Loyde's shop and there were a lot of Fieros there but not 240. I may have the "distinction" of having the last vehicle that he ever performed a complete engine swap on. His workmanship was excellent, but his stated time frame for completion of the work was very inaccurate. My six to eight weeks turned into more than a year for completion of the swap. I held my breath for almost that length of time in hope that he would actually complete the swap.

My patience was rewarded but even then there were problems. To avoid another trip to Texas, I had my youngest son pick up the car when he left Fort Bliss on the way to Atlanta. The car died after about 250 miles and he had to leave it for Loyde to come get it and repair the problem. It may have been a relay issue but it has been so long that I really do not remember. I then had to make a second trip to Texas to get the car but there have been no issues since then and a lot of miles have been added to the odometer.

In short, Loyde Rascoe was capable of very good work (if he ever completed the job), required payment in full up front, and had a very bad business model with customers placed last on his list of concerns.

Engine photo after completion and installation so you can see that he did very good work when he wanted to.

Nelson
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2019 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember him allegedly keeping a guys many thousands of dollars and never performing a swap on the guys chop top Fiero.. he also allegedly held that car hostage for over 5 years and allowed the sun to bake it in the Texas heat and weeds were growing up through the cars engine bay, wheel wells.. literally 4-5+ feet high.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 09-05-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2019 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loyde was capable of doing fine work but unfortunately he was unethical. I know of two Fiero owners that paid for engine swaps and received nothing, and there are many more. The red flag should be "payment up front" . People should never agree to this. By doing so, the person doing the swap has all the leverage with your car and your money.
Over the years there have been many shops that have done Fiero engine swaps including myself. Most have dropped out as the time for the swap didn't always justify the return. You start on a swap an then find out that cradle bushings, the hubs, brakes etc are bad or the battery box is rotten. Then you go to add the cost and the buyer balks. The few guys that remain charge significant money for engine swaps but when all is said and done the job takes many hours and often other things are discovered that need replacement.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2019 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I traded a car to him a long time ago, I got two cars for the one I gave him.. Seemed like a decent enough guy, a little off but nice enough. Never had any issues with him. To be fair this was back in 07 I believe.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought two different parts cars from him over the years.
He did have a lot of Fieros in his yard that were in different states of deterioration.
He was very knowledgeable and at one time had a nice shop set-up.
It`s a shame that he didn`t make good on his word to some people.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2019 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I bought two different parts cars from him over the years.
He did have a lot of Fieros in his yard that were in different states of deterioration.
He was very knowledgeable and at one time had a nice shop set-up.
It`s a shame that he didn`t make good on his word to some people.

Didn't make good on his word???? Loyde can be best described as a crook who made off with thousands of prepaid money for 3800SC swaps that he never delivered on, using the money to take trips far abroad and not doing the work that he promised . A guy I know got taken for about $8 grand and it took him two years to even get his car back and again with not a drop of work done. We've had a few of these characters in this hobby over the years but most vendors have proven to be honest.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2019 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never had any dealings with him, other than the purchase of an "upgraded" GM radio that went just fine.
But from what I've seen regarding his dealings with other people, he's very lucky that someone didn't beat him down, or just shoot him.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I remember him allegedly keeping a guys many thousands of dollars and never performing a swap on the guys chop top Fiero.. he also allegedly held that car hostage for over 5 years and allowed the sun to bake it in the Texas heat and weeds were growing up through the cars engine bay, wheel wells.. literally 4-5+ feet high.

LOL, He actually did the swap on that car. Then I did the ChopTop on it. Lloyde then picked it up & took it home because he had some work to do to finish the engine swap.

At some point after that he took the complete driveline out of that car & sold it to someone else. 5 years later that car actually had a tree growing up out of the empty engine compartment.

Archie
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Didn't make good on his word???? Loyde can be best described as a crook who made off with thousands of prepaid money for 3800SC swaps that he never delivered on, using the money to take trips far abroad and not doing the work that he promised . A guy I know got taken for about $8 grand and it took him two years to even get his car back and again with not a drop of work done. We've had a few of these characters in this hobby over the years but most vendors have proven to be honest.

I agree, I just didn`t know the extent of losses that some people endured.
As I said, I didn`t have any dealings whatsoever except two parts cars I bought.
jessesmith121

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jessesmith121Send a Private Message to jessesmith121Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Sorry Dennis I didnt mean to upset you. I aware of the extent of insanity...
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jessesmith121:

Sorry Dennis I didnt mean to upset you. I aware of the extent of insanity...

No offense taken one bit. I just try to say what is appropriate, praise the good vendors like Archie, Rodney Dickman, Mike Good , Russ88Ttop among many others and call out the people who have been blatantly dishonest. This hopefully helps the membership here from not getting screwed. In the case of Roscoe it was many people who got the shaft from dealing with him including a guy in my car club. If you are curious, you can read the horror stories in the archives.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-18-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock