Seat adjustment lever broken by WullahBlack
Started on: 07-17-2019 08:40 PM
Replies: 1 (100 views)
Last post by: mrfiero on 07-17-2019 08:45 PM
WullahBlack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WullahBlackSend a Private Message to WullahBlackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a fun one.

So I noticed I couldn't move my driver seat forward or back. As many of you know, there is nearly no room to get your hand under a fiero seat. I did however find what I feel is the metal pin and spring disconnected from the lever.

So, the clear solution here is to remove the seat, and put it back together/reconnect it.

AH, sounds easy does it not? However, when you can't freely move the seat back and forth, it surely makes accessing the four bolts that hold the seat in very difficult!

Under normal circumstances, I can impact them all off, but obviously not here. Now, I was able to get a 13inch wrench on the fronts with little trouble. The rear however, are another matter. I cant physically see them since the seat will not move, I can feel where they are. But space and access to them with merely a 13inch wrench seems to be not easy to accomplish. The rear bolt closest to the passenger side I got most of the way (I can't remember if those were actual bolts into the frame or just nuts like the fronts were) but the rear driver bolt is in such a place where its against the rocker, e brake, etc will be much more of an issue. Any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2019 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rears are nuts like the front ones. Do you have access to a ratcheting box end wrench? If you can get it on the nut it should come off easier than a regular wrench....especially considering the lack of space.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock