Possible stuck clutch disc by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 07-12-2019 06:46 PM
Replies: 2 (227 views)
Last post by: pontiacfierokid1985 on 07-12-2019 08:17 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so stuck in a bind here i done some searching and i believe i have a stuck clutch disc on my 86 gt 4 speed. I just replaced the master and the slave cylinder with the rodney master and slave. I have about a 1inch higher then the brake pedal and im as well getting a 1-1/8 movement out of the clutch slave rod what could possible going on here. I really dont want to go and drop the cradle unless i have to. Anyone ever hear of this cause this is a first for me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check This recent thread, or perhaps more specifically This post.

If you suspect your clutch disc is rusted to the flywheel and/or pressure plate, it's been posted here numerous times over the years how to break it free.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-12-2019).]

pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2019 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like im dropping the cradle down hoping i wasnt going to have to do that but im not wasting time on this damn thing anymore. Ill be getting my new clutch disc set from advance since its on warranty from my old fiero. Might as well use the warranty since i have it lol.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock