Started on: 07-10-2019 10:46 PM
Replies: 2 (233 views)
Last post by: Doug85GT on 07-10-2019 11:13 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced my clutch with a new Luk clutch from Rock Auto. The car is not fully assembled yet. I just installed the transmission and slave cylinder to test the new clutch before I go any further.

The clutch is really soft. I am able to push it to the floor with a pole using one hand as I watch the clave cylinder. The slave cylinder is extending at least 1.5" which it would not do if there was air in the line.

Is this normal for a Luk clutch? I have never had a clutch that soft before. Did I do something wrong on the install? I would rather fix it now than figure it out after everything is back together.

88 Base model 4 cylinder w/ 5 spd Isuzu
Luk 04005 clutch
New Fiero Store cast clutch arm

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 07-10-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I installed a LUK clutch kit in my Formula (with the 5-spd Getrag). If I remember correctly, I also used a length of wood to push the clutch pedal with my hand as I was standing by the slave. And yes, it was relatively easy to do so. Six years later as a daily-driver (plus dozens of autocross events)... and the LUK clutch is still doing fine.
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I installed a LUK clutch kit in my Formula (with the 5-spd Getrag). If I remember correctly, I also used a length of wood to push the clutch pedal with my hand as I was standing by the slave. And yes, it was relatively easy to do so. Six years later as a daily-driver (plus dozens of autocross events)... and the LUK clutch is still doing fine.

That is good to hear. I will double check everything in the morning and go forward from there. My fingers will be crossed until I drive it down the road.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock