87 Sport Issue popup. by Robodog_X920
Started on: 07-08-2019 08:01 AM
Replies: 3 (112 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-08-2019 04:33 PM
Robodog_X920

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robodog_X920Send a Private Message to Robodog_X920Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. So here's the story. Going 75 down the highway, SES light comes on. It feels like time stops. I let off the throttle instinctively, and check all the gauges, and look for smoke. Nothing seems wrong. Light goes off shortly after I let off the throttle. Didn't come back on until I got home. As I pulled into the off ramp, I could hear the engine suffering. I checked the codes with my trusty paperclip. 25, 34, 45. Those are MAT sensor, MAP sensor, and rich exhaust. I can figure out the last 2, but how am I getting a 25 on an iron duke? Is this possible? I know the temp gauge freaked out when I started the car after she had cooled off. Let me know what is happening with that. Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Manifold Air Temperature. It's located in the intake air stream. On the V6 it's located in the side of the air cleaner canister against the left rear fender wall. Not sure where it's located on the 4-cylinder. It's about the size of a spark plug. The head of it is identical to the Coolant Temperature Sensor on the 4-cylinder thermostat housing.
Robodog_X920

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robodog_X920Send a Private Message to Robodog_X920Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Manifold Air Temperature. It's located in the intake air stream. On the V6 it's located in the side of the air cleaner canister against the left rear fender wall. Not sure where it's located on the 4-cylinder. It's about the size of a spark plug. The head of it is identical to the Coolant Temperature Sensor on the 4-cylinder thermostat housing.

Ok. I was confused since this post said v6 only. https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ECMCodes
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you may have guessed, I'm not familiar with the 4-cylinders. I've copied a page from the P22 Fiero Parts Book. The MAT sensor is #47 on the diagram and is installed in the left side of the intake manifold. I'm sending you a PM with an attachment of the page.

Well, forget that, too. There's no provisions for adding an attachment. Email me and I'll send it to you in that format.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-08-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock