FRONT BALL JOINTS by RPYRAZOO
Started on: 07-07-2019 09:14 AM
Replies: 4 (203 views)
Last post by: randy86 on 07-08-2019 01:54 PM
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a lube job the tech. told me I needed new front ball joints ('87 GT). I'm probably going to get a set from Rodney. My question is, should I get just the uppers as needed, or the lowers also. I've learned the lowers are a PITA to install.
Thanks,
R
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced all of my joints after 30 years and 200,000 miles- they were still in good shape. I kept them greased, tho. The lower ones are the load bearers.....So they are critical- take the arms off and take them to big O....My local one did the BJs for $20......
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info., didn't realize the fact regarding the lowers, I'll do what you advised. No big "o" around here, but I have a mechanic.
Thanks again,
R
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$20 to R&R "press in ball joints" is a great price and Well Worth it. I have the ball joint press tool, and $20 is "still the way to go" to have someone else do it !
randy86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randy86Send a Private Message to randy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't you get a ball joint press, I got one from Autozone for free (with a deposit).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock