To sell or not to sell ? by Blmkso
Started on: 07-05-2019 09:27 AM
Replies: 9 (425 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 07-10-2019 09:05 AM
Blmkso

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlmksoSend a Private Message to BlmksoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this isn’t a tech question but thought I would give it a shot. I have an ‘87 GT with 84,000 miles , new Mikes seats , great interior , automatic , new brakes , new DYC paint job , converted cold AC . Everything works like it’s supposed to and runs great. I got an offer of $4200 today and was wondering what people think ? I love driving the car and only have about $2000 total in it.

[This message has been edited by Blmkso (edited 07-05-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The $4200 offer is in the ballpark. If you can buy a better car for $4200 I would take it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you love driving the car and you sell it, will you buy another one?
Will the $4200 be enough to get you another one in similar condition?

It sounds like you have a car in very good condition that you enjoy driving... why sell it? The $2200 in profit will be gone quickly as will the enjoyment you get from driving the car.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sell. Get a REAL Fiero: notchback with manual trans.
robymon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robymonSend a Private Message to robymonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep it since it doesn't give you headaches and the mere fact that you enjoy driving it.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

They won't last long with the engines that I run.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
They won't last long with the engines that I run.

The F40 would handle your engines with ease.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2019 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\/\/\/\ he's right, you know /\/\/\/\

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I like a car, and its at the point it looks good feels good and is reliable, its hard to decide to sell. Even just thinking about it with reason, you know whats good on this car, many times buying a different one, no matter how good it appears, can be buying someone elses problems, and starting over in a way. If you like the project/ repair/ saving a car, then that's cool too though. How much time ya got?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock