Coolant Smell by jaredaltizer
Started on: 07-04-2019 08:57 PM
Replies: 1 (124 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 07-04-2019 11:33 PM
jaredaltizer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2019 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredaltizerSend a Private Message to jaredaltizerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

Sorta strange question here, but I have a very strong coolant smell every time I drive my ‘85 GT (even though it is mostly just distilled water in the cooling system.) I noticed today that there is a small puddle of it right in one of the grooves of the transaxle, and is directly underneath the EGR valve (I think). Where could it possibly be leaking from?

In addition, i’m not sure if this is related, but my check engine light will turn on after driving for a bit, but when I go to read the code, it’s gone! As soon as i turn the car off and then put the key back in the “on” position to check the code, it has already disappeared. Any ideas?

------------------
'85 Fiero GT [4-speed]
‘86 4cyl (Parts Car) [5-speed]
'95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 [6-speed]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2019 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredaltizer:

I have a very strong coolant smell every time I drive my ‘85 GT (even though it is mostly just distilled water in the cooling system.

Why are you not using the correct 50/50 coolant mixture?

If you can smell coolant while driving, it's often an indication that the heater core is leaking. Double-check the passenger side foot-well for moisture.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock