87 2.5L A/C Conversion Tips, Tools, Parts, and Instructions by Robodog_X920
Started on: 07-03-2019 08:17 PM
Replies: 1 (114 views)
Last post by: Akheron on 07-04-2019 10:26 AM
Robodog_X920

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2019 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robodog_X920Send a Private Message to Robodog_X920Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. My A/C is just not doing its job, and being it almost 100 degrees Fahrenheit here, and my car sitting in the sun for 9 hour periods while I am at work (stuck a thermometer gun inside, was well over 120 degrees inside), I think it is finally time for that swap I have been procrastinating on. So what I need is a list of parts and tools, as well as some procedures that may be Fiero specific. So far on my parts list, I found I needed the DA6 compressor, and maybe the hose from the bay to the front. Not sure if that's a coolant line, I do have a photo somewhere if anyone can help me figure out that. The other thing I need is R-134a obviously. On the tools list, I need A/C pressure gauges, Vacuum pump, I think some kind of R-134a fittings or something? Let me know if you know of what they are, and where you can find them. A screwdriver to release the R-12 (No shops anywhere near me have an R-12 machine anymore! How could they do this!), if you have a better method I will gladly hear it as well. I will probably do most of this work at the shop I work for, so machines are not much of a problem. Let me know if there is anything that I missed! As always, thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Akheron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2019 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkheronSend a Private Message to AkheronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The following forum post should tell you everything you need to know:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/000652.html

It has helped me quit a bit.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock