Large bore vacuum line in throttle body by damittron
Started on: 06-27-2019 06:01 PM
Replies: 8 (212 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 06-28-2019 09:05 AM
damittron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for damittronSend a Private Message to damittronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed a vacuum leak noise coming from my engine this afternoon, I messed around with things until I finally found it was the large bore vacuum hose (tube?, it is metal) was where the noise was coming from (the one connected to the bottom of the TB). I used a large screw driver and levered it a bit, when it was pushed in a bit, it would seal and the noise would stop, when I let go, it started hissing again. Is there supposed to be some kind of o-ring, seal, or something else that holds this in place? I am going to be pulling the top intake off in a week or so to replace the old vacuum hoses with stainless ones from Rodney, so I woud like to fix this while I'm at it.

TIA,

D.

[This message has been edited by damittron (edited 06-27-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, there is an O-ring inside the back of the throttle body.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That tube is the air feed for the IAC.
damittron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for damittronSend a Private Message to damittronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

That tube is the air feed for the IAC.

AH-HAH! Thank you sir!
damittron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for damittronSend a Private Message to damittronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

damittron

155 posts
Member since May 2018

Originally posted by fierofool:

Yes, there is an O-ring inside the back of the throttle body.

AND...Thank you as well! I wish you guys were in Florida, I would buy you both a beer!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on my way!!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to take a raincheck. I just made the trip to Carlisle and I'm not up to another trip for a while.
damittron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2019 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for damittronSend a Private Message to damittronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to make a good meet-up, but it is a long haul from either Florida or Texas to get to them.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run For The Hills isn't far from Florida and if you're in Texas, caravan along with the Swayne Brothers. I believe they're making the treck again this year for RFTH. You'll have a lot of folks to meet up with.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock