Started on: 06-20-2019 03:16 PM
Replies: 7 (372 views)
Last post by: randy86 on 07-10-2019 01:46 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2019 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I bought a new condenser(mine was VERY clogged), and I bought the mounting kit from the Fiero Store and it didn't exactly come with instructions..(my old ones were TOAST)

Do I use the new retainers like this This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. or like this This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view..

I assume its the former but I am not sure as it looks like there is the imprint of the latter on the bracket...

Also, how on EARTH do I get them tight? How tight should they be? Should I just use locktite?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2019 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hope that offers some help.

[This message has been edited by Camel (edited 06-20-2019).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case you are interested, those nuts are called 'well nuts'
The 'nut' is in the narrow end so the bolt goes in from the wide end and as you tighten it up, it draws in and deforms the rubber outwards on the other side to clamp the metal plat it's inserted into between the deformed side and the wide side.
So basically, whichever way makes sense for that operation to work.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which condenser did you get, from where, just out of curiosity?
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Camel:

Hope that offers some help.

This does! Thank you.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Which condenser did you get, from where, just out of curiosity?

I got it for ~$300 of ebay. From the Canadian place, its all aluminum. Only place I could find one.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threedog

1282 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Side note, I took this bracket off and sanded then painted it but I did not take a picture before I took it off so I forgot how it goes on. I cant seem to find a picture of it anywhere.

Is this correct? Or does it go in the top hole? Either way it requires me to bend it a fair bit...

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2019 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threedog

1282 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Anyone know?
randy86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2019 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randy86Send a Private Message to randy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the bumper need to come off?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock